Content marketing plays a large role in the lives of social media marketers today. One of the ways to keep content relevant, reliable and authentic is to define personas of the different types of customers or readers you’re trying to reach. As we know, finding personas are not easy within the social media space. To help with this problem, Aimia, a global loyalty management company, has conducted a study to understand where and why consumers engage with social media. The detailed study can be found here (I definitely recommend it).
Aimia’s research identified six distinct social media personas, that were defined by behavioral variables. They are:
- No Shows: 41% – low engagement and trust.
- New Comers: 15% – passive users in limited social networks.
- On Lookers: 16% – lurkers but post infrequently.
- Cliquers: 6% – active, yet single social network users.
- Mix and Minglers: 19% – active on multiple social networks, like to follow brands.
- Sparks: 3% – very active and deeply engaged users on social networks.
The infographic below defines the study and personas in more detail (click to view larger):
All images and data courtesy of Aimia.